My camera came with a neck strap but I prefer the wrist straps for compact cameras. Below is a quick tutorial on how to change your neck strap into a wrist strap.
- 1”x8” piece of felt or other thick fabric
- 2 – 1.75”x10” pieces of patterned fabric
- Old Camera Strap (if not available most of the pieces can be found in Craft stores)
1. Cut your pieces out
2. Lay your felt piece in the center of your patterned fabric about 1/8” from one of the ends.
3. Fold and iron your patterned pieces edges all the way around approx 1/4”.
4. Lay your patterned pieces wrong sides together. Pin. Insert your nylon camera strap piece in the end where the felt is.
5. Sew all the edges, go over your nylon strap end several times to secure it.
6. Insert your D-ring into the opposite side of where the nylon strap is. Fold it over and sew a few times to secure.
7. Install on your camera. If the nylon strap is too long, trim it and heat seal the end.