Kishea, author of Bizzy Mommie and writer of this guest post is hosting a Giveaway! One lucky winner will receive the Halloween themed hair bow in this tutorial. Giveaway ends 10/22/2013 and you have 5 ways to enter. The more entries the higher your chance is to win! You can also come back each day and tweet about the giveaway for an extra entry.
Hello. My name is Kishea and I am honored to be a guest poster on Dimplicity. I am going to show you how to make a boutique stacked bow. I am doing a Halloween theme since it is October, but you can choose any color theme.
You will need:
- 5 - 6 inch pieces using 1.5" grosgrain ribbon (pinwheel bow)
- 1 - 27 inch piece using 1.5" grosgrain ribbon (boutique bow)
- 1 - 5 inch feather boa piece
- 1- 4.5 inch piece using 3/8" grosgrain ribbon (partially lined clip)
- 1 - 3 inch piece using 3/8" grosgrain ribbon (middle piece)
- Needle & Thread (I like to use the button craft thread since it is thicker than regular thread)
- Lighter, Ruler, Scissors, Hot Glue Gun
- 1 - Embellishment for the middle of the bow (I am using a bat for this bow)
1. Fold the 27 inch ribbon in half and flip the top piece over. Next, cut at an angle and heat seal the ends.
2. Flip the piece back over so that the ribbon is now folded in a neat half. Fold the tips of the ribbon down about 2 inches and crease. Keeping the tips down, fold the ribbon in half again and crease. The creases will be a guide for your loops in the boutique bow.
3. Spread the ribbon out in your hands and take one angled tip and loop down to the first crease.
4. Hold the first loop in one hand while you find the second crease with your other hand and loop it back up to meet the first loop you made. You will now have two identical loops.
5. Hold both loops in one hand and find the third crease. Loop the third crease up to meet the first two loops.
6. Hold the three loops in one hand and find the last crease and loop it up to meet the others. You should have four loops for your boutique bow.
7. Fold the bow and push your needle through the middle, wrap the thread around 2-3 times and tie it off. Set the boutique bow aside.
8. Get the 5 pieces of ribbon. Fold each in half (with the ends facing to your left). Cut at an angle with the bottom point being the inside piece and the top point being the outside flaps (See picture). Heat seal the ends.
9. Lay the bottom piece horizontally and stack each piece diagonally on top of each other.
10. Gather the bow in the middle, fold, push your needle through, wrap the thread around the bow 2-3 times, and tie it off.
11. Get the feather boa piece and hot glue it to the top of the pinwheel bow.
12. Hot glue the boutique bow on top of the feather boa.
13. Wrap some thread around the entire bow to secure it. I like to wrap the entire bow at least 6 times to make sure it doesn't fall apart.
14. Flip the bow over and hot glue the 3 inch piece of ribbon to the back.
15. Hot glue the partially lined hair clip to the ribbon.
16. Wrap the 3 inch piece around to the front and ending at the back where you will hot glue the end to the inside of the hair clip.
17. Flip the bow to the front and hot glue an embellishment to the middle.
It has been a pleasure to guest post for you. I would love for you to check out my blog at www.bizzymommie.com. Bizzy Mommie's main focus is that of the busy mother. We talk about all sorts of issues and are open to advice and support for each other. See you soon! Have a blessed week!